Telluride Municipal Court
The Municipal Court is responsible for the judicial processing of citations that originate from Telluride Municipal Code violations occurring within Town of Telluride limits.
Telluride Municipal Court sessions are held in the historic San Miguel County Courthouse; 305 West Colorado Avenue, 2nd Floor, Telluride. The Municipal Court Clerk’s office however, is located in Telluride’s Town Hall.
The municipal court judge is only available during court sessions. If you wish to speak with the judge concerning your case, you must appear in court. Any contact with a judge or by a judge concerning the merits of a pending case or proceeding, outside the presence of all parties or their representatives, is considered impermissible “ex parte” communication.
The municipal court clerk is available at Town Hall and may be contacted for questions relating to your hearing date, citation or parking ticket.
Telluride Municipal Court Staff
- Presiding Judge: D. Cory Jackson
- Deputy Municipal Judge: Susanne Ross
- Prosecuting Attorney: Lois Major
- Municipal Court Clerk: Jackie Robertson
The municipal court clerk does not provide legal advice. For legal advice, please contact an attorney.
Other Useful Numbers
- Town of Telluride Marshal’s Office: (970) 728-3818
- San Miguel County Clerk's Office: (970) 728-3954
- San Miguel County Jail / Sheriff’s Office: (970) 728-1911
- San Miguel County Court: (970) 369-3300
- 7th Judicial District Court: (970) 369-3300
Division of Motor Vehicles
- Telluride - 305 W Colorado Ave, Telluride - Car Registration Only: (970) 728-3954
- Montrose - 320 1st St, Montrose - Full Service: (970) 249-3362