The Galloping Goose Transit System is a fixed route transportation system funded jointly by the Town of Telluride and San Miguel County through a yearly intergovernmental agreement. Routes include:
The mission of the Transit Division is to provide safe, reliable, and courteous transit service to the guests and local commuters, and to provide ongoing and long-term transportation planning and route expansion for the region.
1. Watches are seldom in agreement - be at your stop early.
2. Please wait for passengers to disembark before boarding.
3. Smoking and/or the consumption of alcoholic beverages on the bus is prohibited.
4. Loading and unloading bicycles is the responsibility of passengers. Town of Telluride and Town of Mountain Village are not liable for any damage to bicycles.
5. Road and weather conditions can cause delays; your patience is appreciated.
Notice of Equal Service
The Town of Telluride and its employees have committed to operate in a manner that provides equal service to all. Discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or ability is not tolerated and no person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination with regard to any service, program, or activity.
To learn more about the Town’s non-discrimination obligations under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, consult the Title VI Guidelines for Federal Transit Administration Recipients (July 2006), which is available at the Front Desk of Rebekah Hall upon request.
To file a discrimination complaint, please contact the Legal Department at Rebekah Hall (970) 728-2164.