2019 Regular Municipal Election
The next Regular Municipal Election will be held November 5, 2019. The offices of Mayor, two (2) Town Council Members, and the Town Meeting Moderator will be on the ballot.
Candidates are expected to read and familiarize themselves with the information included in the Candidate Packet. It includes general information about the election process, duties of municipal office, and requirements under the Fair Campaign Practices Act. Please contact the to request any of the materials in hard-copy.
- Have resided in the Town of Telluride, Colorado for one year immediately preceding the election;
- Be at least eighteen years of age by November 5, 2019;
- Be registered to vote by November 5, 2019.
Candidates for the Town Meeting Moderator of the Town of Telluride, Colorado must:
- Have resided in the Town of Telluride for twenty-two days prior to filing nominating petitions.
- Be at least eighteen years of age twenty-two days before filing nomination petitions.
Any qualified elector may become a candidate by presenting the Town Clerk with a petition bearing the signatures of at least twenty-five (25) registered electors of the Town. Petitioners may sign only the number of petitions for the number of vacancies that exist at the election (two Town Council petitions; one Town Meeting Moderator petition; one Mayoral petition).
Fair Campaign Practices Act
Candidates and Committees are subject to campaign finance regulations under the Fair Campaign Practices Act. Please see Campaign Finance for additional information.
Petitions are issued by the Town Clerk and may not be circulated prior to August 6, 2019.